My ever practical little cowgirl

Well, I'm sure you've noticed the new picture I have on my blog. That is my beautiful daughter, Chloe, receiving an award at a rodeo. Yep, she's a cowgirl. Of course, if you knew my past, you wouldn't expect anything less. I wish I'd raised both my daughters' to be cowgirls, but I raised them as city girls. Chloe met a horse trainer here in Spokane who took an interest in her, and I'm so glad she did. Chloe got a taste of what I did growing up. There are personal reasons we opted for her not to continue competing. She and I try to get out of town from time to time to go on a trail ride, but it's difficult with an old, falling apart van, that could die at any time. Eventually, I'll be able to buy a newer car. I'd like a Subaru. It's more practical in and out of town, since it will be a long time before I'll be able to afford more than one vehicle. It's not like I own a horse, so I don't need a pickup. We ride other people's horses. At one point, when she was competing, I started talking about seeing if we could buy a horse. My ever practical daughter, said, "Uh, mom. I think we should aim for buying a car before you even think about buying a horse." Why does she have to be soooooo reasonable. It gets real boring at times, but thank God for her. I tend to be a little impulsive. I still manage to get myself into some financial scrapes, but only minor ones thanks to her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Would You Most Like To Meet And Why?

May Update

Superheroes