January update

Well, I am taking one class at Spokane Falls Community College. It's called Transition To Work, and it is exactly what it sounds like it is. It's a class preparing to go back to work after a long absence. It teaches you how to write a resume. How to interview. How to write a cover letter. Do's and Do Not's on applications. Everything that you can think of that you would need to know when entering the work force. I'm considering also taking the Transition To College course next quarter, cause I'm realizing most of what I'm interested in requires further education.

Chloe missed a lot of school before the break and for a few days after the break. She had some really weird symptoms and so I finally took her to Spokane Urgent Care where they didn't even listen to her symptoms, one of those symptoms was what felt like a stone in her throat, right about where her thyroid is.  They didn't check her lymph nodes or anything. They kind of treated her like a delinquent kid, which those of us who know Chloe well, know she is not. I was too tired to think after that day, so I went home and slept on it and when I woke up in the morning it just didn't sit well with me, so I went to my class, came home and got her and took her to another urgent care.

Well, it's now February and I still haven't finished this update. I apologize. Let me finish the story I was telling about Chloe. I took her to a different urgent care and they were shocked that the first one didn't even check her lymph nodes. Her lymph nodes were fine, but when they felt her throat where she indicated there was some discomfort they could tell there was something abnormal. They recommended we make an appointment with her primary doctor and see if we couldn't get an ultrasound of her neck. Her primary doctor had to make the referral. He did assure us that she was okay to go to school and there was no immediate danger. That was good to know. She's seen her doctor and they did some blood tests to test her thyroid and other things that could be wrong. They all came back normal and she is getting an ultrasound next week. I will let you know how that turns out. Sorry for the delay. I've been very busy applying for jobs and even had one interview. Plus, my class which ends on Monday. I will be signing up for spring quarter, though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Would You Most Like To Meet And Why?

May Update

Superheroes