The World According To Mercy Paparazzo

I am Mercy Paparazzo. I am about 5 months old. For the first few months of my life I lived outside. It was fine at first, cause it was warm all the time. But it started getting colder at night. I was out there with my brothers and sisters and mom and dad. Mom could only get so much food for us. Someone in the house nearby fed us and we found an opening that allowed us into the basement, so we could stay warm. But I was not to trust the humans. One day they caught me. They kept me in a cage all night. Someone came to pick me up the next morning. I was scared. But she took me to a house where I got to stay. Not in the basement. I had the run of the house. At first they kept me in the cage most of the time and put me in a sand box every now and then. I got to be out more when I figured out they wanted me to go potty in there. Soon I learned that my parents were wrong about these humans. They loved me. They let me sleep in their beds and snuggle up to them.  They feed me every day and I can use them as my bed for short periods of time. The one thing I don't like is when they put me in that cage and tell me we're going for a car ride. Then I end up at this funny smelling place they call the vet. They stick me with needles and the last time they gave me a drug that made me fall asleep and they cut me open and took my girl parts out. My mom, Shellie, always tells me this is for my own good and I believe her, because she's never done anything bad to me. Her human daughter, Chloe, gets a little crazy at times and kind of wallers me and picks me up when I don't want picked up. She feeds me most of the time, though, and I know she loves me, too. There's another lady they call Aunt Lis. While the others disappear somewhere during the day, she mostly stays home and takes care of the house and me and Jewel. The man, Roger, he complains when I won't let him pick me up. At night they all usually sit down at a place they call a table and eat food I'm not allowed to have. Except mom usually sneaks me some. Well, she's not very sneaky. She always gets caught and Chloe complains. Anyway, the other night mom said, "She's my kitty and I'll spoil her if I want to" in this sing-songy voice like she was referencing a song or something. That's no song I've ever heard. And music, they're obsessed with music. They play it on these tiny devices that get really loud. Mom plays the flute, which I love. It's one of the first things she did when she brought me home is play the flute for me. So, somehow when she plays it, it reminds me that she saved me. Chloe plays something they call a violin.

They don't like me scratching the furniture. Apparently everything in the house is not my personal cat scratching post. There's only a specified cat scratcher for me. I prefer Mom's mattress, but she gets upset with me.

Then, there's the other cat, Jewel. I referenced her earlier, since mom mentioned that she's already told you her story. She's really cranky and hisses at me a lot. Once in a while she'll play with me, but not for very long. When she's done she's done and she lets me know. I think she needs to lighten up. Anyway, that's my disfunctional, but very loving family.

Mercy Paparazzo
interpreted by Shellie Paparazzo

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone has written about everything. "Nothing new under the sun."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who Would You Most Like To Meet And Why?

May Update

Superheroes